SUMMER ACADEMY 2014
We are pleased to announce the 2014 summer internship program for students studying biology, biomedical engineering and allied fields and pre-medicine in general.
At the CEM, Research and education are tightly interwoven. Young physician-scientists and engineers who wish to devote their careers to developing innovative diagnostic and therapeutic approaches find rich educational opportunities are invited. This is a great opportunity to conduct research at the CEM under the direct supervision of outstanding faculty.
Program is designed to provide highly talented students a chance to perform application oriented, cutting edge research while increasing their competitiveness for future education. Every intern is assigned to a post-doctoral fellow within the institute for supervision. Interns will also be expected to attend meetings and present their results at the end of internship. Opportunity to interact with other interns and scientists are available in research seminars, weekly meetings and scientific development workshops. The CEM focuses on a variety of research subjects including:
- Organ- on-a-chip technologies
- Liver preservation and Transplantation
- Whole organ tissue engineering and stem cells
- Applied Immunology and Mesenchymal stem cell applications
- Circulating Rare Cell capture technologies and Cancer
- Chemo taxis
- Global Health
To apply please email your CV and Cover letter in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CEMSummer2014" by March 2014. Some experience in bioengineering techniques (Wet/ Dry Biology) is preferred but not required.
- A commitment for at least 30 hours per week for more than 10 weeks is required.
- Recommendation letters are encouraged.
- Applicants will be selected based on academic achievement and availability.
- If selected, applicants should be prepared for in person interviews during which prospective mentors meet with selected candidates, typically taking a half – day.
Home > Education Intro >